THE NIGHT IS MY HAVEN, MY SANCTUARY; IT CRADLES MY MUSE, MY VIGOR, MY SANGUINITY.
WHEN THEE AFTER DUSK COMETH LOOKING FOR ME, I REFLECT UPON THEE THAT'D COMETH ONTO ME.

The Fellowship

Friday, January 20, 2006

belly leaving, belle missing !

One of the comments on crouching tigress' blog reminded me of the song belly of the whale... the song goes something like
"I'm sleepin with fishes here,
In the belly of the whale.
I'm highly nutritious here,
In the belly of the whale."
You can laugh all you want but i really like this 'un coz it totally cracks me up everytime i hear it...

Seems like my insomnia is back to its haunting ways... first the flu and now the insomnia... what's next ??? bring it on i say !!! 2006 hasn't started of great... but the upside is that it can't get any worse... So, last night i was wide awake until 5 am or so... I kept tossing in bed, so much so that, if i were a salad, i would have been wet and dripping in some sweet-n-sour italian dressing... speaking of "wet", wait for my next post to see what a cheap and perverted bastard i can be... LOL... (evil ishtyled laugh)... Anyway, i got up around 4:45 or so and booted gizmo (my laptop) with the intent of putting up a post here... and there ... BAM !!! well actually no BAM... i went Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnn... for the first bloddy time last night ... and promptly settled for the warm comforts of the rug...

and, finally... a note addressed to someone i miss so darn much....

I can talk the talk all day long,
but together we can shout it loud,
I can smile the day away,
but together we can laugh it up,
I can live a good life to my last breath,
but without you, it ain't no celebration unto death...

9 comments:

Trevor Penn said...

@ isis panthea

just what i needed... :-).. How'd you know i was hugry ... ???

Trevor Penn said...

cliche or not, a few things are just good to hear ever now n then :)

also, i have my best friend (little fingers) to thank for the new name... it's been in the works for a long time now...

Fosix said...

am just wondering if you put your stalkerazzi skills to good use to find out if the person you wrote the poem for actually read it :)
PS: good luck !! hope the peom has/had a positive effect on her... i'm in the stands, rooting for you...

Trevor Penn said...

@ fosix

Thanks bud, but the answer is no. I haven't spoken to her for like 20+ months now..

M (tread softly upon) said...

Hi....thanks for dropping by my blog.
And if you go to sleep at 5 am what time do you wake up? I have to wake up at 4:50 every morning and can't afford to have insomnia!

Trevor Penn said...

@ m (tsf)

5 am is an anomaly... 3 is more like the norm... that's like 30 mins from now... i get up bet 8 n 9 if i sleep by 3...

you wake up at 4:50 ???? What an ungodly hour to wake up :D ... on occasions when i have to get up that early, i usually skip sleep :-) ... BTW, what do u have to do that early ??? remind the sun to rise from the east ??? I can't think of much else... :-)

lemontree said...

i like the tossing like salad- thinking of it caracks me up ;)

and the poem is awesome. want the full version.

and ironic X anaemic still wondering/ wandering

Trevor Penn said...

@ lemontree

Thank you. totally original, me thinks :) ....

there ain't no poem. If you're talking about belly of the whale, it's been linked...

Oh wait... you think of those few twisted lines as a poem ... IRONY ... LOL ...

Fosix said...

@m(tread softly upon)
seriously, why would you get up at 4:50 in the morning ??
i hope its not for a job... its not worth it, if you ask me... if i had to get up that early for a job, i would llike quit after two days...
having to get up early is one of the worst possible forms of human suffering... my hearfelt sympathies to you...