It's been some black some white and all shades of grey to fill in the spaces of time. The clock continues to step a tick and hop a tock away with no recollection of the moment elapsed nor with any signs of forcefed empathy. Life is zip-zot without purpose and time's worth a factor of zilch. With the last binding string cut loose, I drift into emptiness gulfed by loneliness. Ironically though, it's hard to find clarity amidst vast spaces of nothing; going nowhere.
The radio echoed a static buzz which was lesser devil compared to deafening silence. Adjunct to the racing clock is the bottle of scotch gleaming in all its glory. Clear and crisp and at an arms distance, it's the only company i've had all evening. The good friend that it was, it got to me fighting the cold and leaving no rock unturned... but with every gulp, it seemed to fume at the lackadaisical welcome and that only fogged my brains. Floating in those clouds was a message in response to my S.O.S. and before i knew it, my fingers tickled the num-pad and i heard a voice on the other end of the cord yell... Goooo toooo hell !!! ... and then, for the first time in months the radio boomed...
"No stop signs, speed limit Nobody's gonna slow me down Like a wheel, gonna spin it Nobody's gonna mess me round Hey Satan, payin' my dues Playing in a rocking band Hey Momma, look at me I'm on my way to the promised land I'm on the highway to hell Don't stop me. And I'm going down, all the way down I'm on the highway to hell."
Anu Russell has thrown me some bait, and i shall take it... How am i to resist when she showers praise like "writes like a poet! Wait he is one!"... So, here are some easy 25 questions to answer...
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4. I was hoping this will be a figure page but then here is what line 4 says. "Press pusher C to recall laps." LOL. That's the instruction manual for my Fossil.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. It went around the world to meet my right hand. So ?
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? The tiny little dot on the picture tube. 'twas Scrubs before that.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is? 6:38 pm
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time? 7:42 pm. Gosh, i should start wearing my fossil.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Chitter-chatter of the rain outside, the rustle of the blinds, and the floor fan's drone.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Been an hour i suppose... Was out discarding trash. LOL.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Butterfly.
9. What are you wearing? A smile and a Hollister perfume among other things.
10. Did you dream last night? Yup, unusually so...
11. When did you last laugh? I laughed when i was Happy Singh.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? A kleptomaniac, a Blockbuster flyer for free movie rentals and the remains of a dead spider which i killed by aiming a tennis ball at it... I didn't want to be spiderman.
13. Seen anything weird lately? In the world of freaks, there is no weirdness...
14. What do you think of this quiz? 'twas OK until it asked me to think.
15. What is the last film you saw? A re-run of Gladiator. That flick never gets old. Let's see, "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the north, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius - father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and i will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." That's one of my favorite lines from cinema...
16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy? I'd buy Rupees with $s, pack my bags and live a king sized Indian life.
17. Tell me something about you that I dunno. I wish to be a professional whistler in the music industry...
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? That's for the Miss Universe or Miss World aspirants to answer. Spare me. I can't let my plans be known...
19. Do you like to dance? Yup. I'm trying to learn chicken dance.
20. George Bush. Who ?
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? LOL. I've lost all naming rights. I like Qamra though. It means the moon in arabic. yes... yes, i'm obsessed with everything to do with the moon.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? hehehe... no rights to this one either... Bond, James Bond is a filler answer far from the truth...
23. Would you ever consider living abroad? Continue living ? Possibly so. But i long to go back.
24. What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates? "kitne aadmi the ???"
25. 5 people who must also do this in their blog. Adolph Hitler Napoleon Bonaparte Leonardo da Vinci Genghis Khan Tutankhamun / Tutankhamen
"Too fast" says a friend mine, but there's no stopping the hands of time while i set sail with the sands of time. Fighting all reason eye-for-eye, i'm trying to not let love pass me by. I tire by sunrise... and fall into the lap of paradise... With shut eyes i still can see, your haloed glow that surrounds me. But that tear in your moist eyes, maims my heart and leaves me paralyzed.
In a moment my senses are zapped, i'm transported to hell's gate from paradise. Floating in the mire of secrets of your heart is the wreckage of many broken dreams... i'm here to be the gentle light that shoos away the dark night.... but i'm only a flicker; careless words can undo me... only careless words can undo me...
Today, i wish to bury my face in dirt... dirt washes easier than blood, they say... but can your blood wash this dirt away ??? fool's gold is your world is worth real gold in a fool's world.. time for my swan song ? NOT YET. goodbye body. i'll live with my soul.